Ways of Backup
Theses are the list of backup tools I have tried out or interested in:
It is a client backup tool. It is good to install on mac or windows to backup personal files with AWS S3 or your server.
Server backup tool. It is very easy to use and set up. Wet it once and then forgot about it.
$ sudo aptitude install rsnapshot
$ sudo vi /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot
Uncomment the last 4 lines
$ sudo vi /etc/rsnapshot.conf
- “BACKUP INTERVALS”: uncomment hourly, daily, weekly, etc. as you want.
- “BACKUP POINTS / SCRIPTS”: uncomment or add path of folders you want to backup.
Checkout “/var/cache/rsnapshot/” to find your backed up data.
Is another backup tool. I will try it in the future Inshallah.
It is a very popular tool for server backups. Try it out.
- Building for Production: Web Applications – Backups
- How To Install Bacula Server on Ubuntu 14.04
- How To Back Up an Ubuntu 14.04 Server with Bacula
- Sync to Amazon S3 by s3cmd
- Use cron job to sync every specific time
It is a python tool. I used it for a short time and replaced it with other tools.
crontab -e 0 12 * * * BAKTHAT_PASSWORD=type_password /usr/local/bin/bakthat backup path/of/folder/to/backup 0 12 * * * /usr/local/bin/bakthat rotate_backups Projects